How to Decrease Your Mold Exposure
Inside homes, mold growth can be slowed by controlling humidity levels and ventilating showers and cooking areas.
- Keep humidity levels as low as you can-no higher than 50% - all day long. An air conditioner or dehumidifier will help you keep the level low. Bear in mind that humidity levels change over the course of a day with changes in the moisture in the air temperature, so you will need to check the humidity levels more than once a day.
- Use an air conditioner or dehumidifier during humid months.
- Be sure the home has adequate ventilation, including exhaust fans.
- Add mold inhibitors to paints before application.
- Clan bathrooms with mold killing products.
- Remove or replace previously soaked carpets and upholstery.
What areas have high mold exposures?
- Antique shops
- Construction areas
- Flower shops
- Summer cottages
- Lake Houses